- The central government has announced a half-day holiday for all its offices on January 22, 2023 on account of the inauguration of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
- An office memorandum issued by the Department of Personnel and Training stated that the holiday is in the afternoon on that date.
- All central government offices located in Delhi/New Delhi will remain closed from 1PM onwards on January 22.
- Employees may avail any kind of leave for the first half of the day on January 22.
- The office memorandum said this half day holiday is being declared in view of the inauguration of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi is expected to attend the inauguration ceremony and inaugurate the temple on January 22.
- The Ram Temple is being constructed at the site of the demolished Babri Masjid in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh.
- The Supreme Court had ruled in 2019 that a temple could be constructed at the disputed site, where Hindu groups believe Lord Ram was born.
In summary, the central government has announced a half-day holiday on January 22 for its offices for the inauguration of the Ram Temple in Ayodhya which PM Modi will attend. Employees can avail leave for the first half that day.