- PM Modi recently gave a speech at an election rally at Maharashtra on Sunday, where he spoke about rural development among other things
- The prime minister states that Rs 25 lakh crore will be spent on rural development across the country
- The funding will focus mainly on Farmer welfare
- Besides that Rs 3.5 lakh, crore will be used for water conservation and building facilities
- he called upon the people to develop their tourist services and spoke about tribal education
The current Prime Minister, Narendra Modi, gave a speech at Sakoli, Maharashtra at am election rally, on Sunday 13th October 2019. He addressed the crowd and talked about rural development. He mentioned that around RS 25 lakh crores will be allotted for rural infrastructure development across the country.
In accordance to rural development, Modi Ji was quoted as saying,
“The rural economy of the country is now being given as much attention as ever before. Already the work is going on on the roads of the village. Now in the coming years, rs 25 lakh crores will be spent to develop infrastructure in the villages. The money will also be used to construct modern storage centres for crops”
He states that the work was being done in order to benefit the farmers the most. He wishes to get rid of their problems with a permanent solution.
Besides the 25 lakh crores being spent on rural development, Rs 3.5 lakh crores is also going to be spent on water conservation facilities. He says,
“when pure water is made available to everyone, you and your cattle will be healthier. The industry will develop swiftly in drought hit regions with the proper supply of water. This will provide new sources of employment.”
The PM also asked the people to develop tourism in their villages by developing hotels and other facilities. He spoke about the great bounty of forests in the country which can be utilized for the likes of tourism. The products available from these forests can also be used. He made a special mention of the Chulband River and then Nagzhira National Park.
He also mentioned the start of the “Eklavya Model School” for the education of tribal children.
The speech was given by the Prime Minister to appeal to the people of Maharashtra to vote for Maharashtra during the upcoming elections on 21st October 2019.