Centre Released The 13th Instalment Of PM-KISAN | How To Apply For Scheme? Read Here
Hey, folks! as you all know that the Indian Govt is leaving no stone unturned to bring facilities to the people of the nation and therefore govt it keeps launching new schemes to ease lives. Now, recently another scheme was introduced to the farmers of the nation where they can avail so many facilities. Yes, we are talking about the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan). Under this scheme, an initiative was taken by the government of India that give farmers up to Rs. 6,000 per year as minimum income support.
The Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi finally announced the 13th installment of more than Rs 16,000 crore, under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-KISAN). As per the scheme and its terms it will benefit eight crore heirs, via direct benefit transfer. A total of more than Rs. 16,000 crores will be deposited directly in the accounts of more than eight crore farmers under the Scheme. Well, as you all know that the state of farmers is not hidden from anyone, and due to so many circumstances farmers go through some unexpected situations, now keeping all that in the mind, govt has begun this movement.
What Is PM-Kisan Scheme?
A flagship program of the Indian government, the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana, or PM-KISAN, intends to give financial support to small and marginal farmers all over the nation. In accordance with this program, qualified farmers get an annual sum of Rs. 6,000 in three installments of Rs. 2,000 each. The government made a release announcement for the 13th PM-KISAN installment on February 28, 2023. Almost 11 crore farmers will benefit from the installment, which is anticipated to cost a total of Rs. 16,000 crores. Via the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) method, the funds will be sent directly to the beneficiary’s bank accounts.
The PM-KISAN program was introduced in February 2019 with the goal of giving farmers who have been struggling with issues including limited loan availability, low pricing for their crops, and rising input costs direct income support. The program has received praise for its ability to boost the purchasing power of small and marginal farmers and improve their economic situation. The program has been successful in connecting with a significant number of farmers throughout the nation. More than 13.5 billion farmers had signed up for the program as of January 2023, and more than Rs. 1,44,000 crore had been distributed since the program’s inception.
How To Apply For PM-Kisan Scheme, Eligibility Criteria
So, as you all know that under this scheme govt has planned to help the farmers by funding their accounts so that they can at least stand at the time when the situation does not go as per their expectations. Well, many people are searching for steps to know about the eligibility criteria for this scheme.
- The farmer must be a citizen of India.
- The farmer must be a small or marginal farmer who owns cultivable land up to 2 hectares.
- The farmer’s name must appear in the land records of the respective State or Union Territory as on 1st February 2019. In case of any changes in land ownership after this date, the farmer must update their details accordingly.
- The farmer must have a valid Aadhaar card, as the payments are made through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) system to the beneficiary’s bank account linked with Aadhaar.
- The farmer should not belong to any of the following categories:
- Institutional Landholders
- Farmer families in which one or more of its members belong to the following categories:
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/State Government Ministries/Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees)
- Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
So, if anyone goes through these steps then a person can avail of this scheme. However, there is no doubt that the govt has initiated the best for its farmers and it can help all the farmers in many ways.
Is PM-Kisan Scheme Important?
So, as you all know that in India there are many small and marginal farmers, who do have not much access to formal credit and face numerous challenges in accessing markets and getting a fair price for their produce. Therefore, the 13th installment of PM-KISAN is a welcome move that will provide much-needed financial support to farmers across the country.
The scheme has been thriving in reaching out to a really massive number of farmers and has the potential to significantly improve their economic condition. The government must continue to take steps to ensure that the benefits of the scheme reach the intended beneficiaries and that it remains a sustainable and effective tool for supporting farmers. Follow us to read more informative news.