Tips on How to Boost your Child’s Immunity. A child’s immune system does a remarkable job of defending against disease-causing pathogens such as bacteria, parasites, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms. Sometimes, the immune system fails to fight these harmful germs, making your children sick. There are several types of cells in the human body. The immune system has a separate mechanism to deal with these microbes.
Tips on How to Boost your Child’s Immunity
The immune system requires regular nourishment in the form of nutrients, anti-oxidants, and minerals.
Children and Immunity System:-
The human body’s first line of defence is skin, followed by the digestive tract lining and mucus, all working together to restrict the entry of germs into the body.
A child’s immune system strengthens with age and exposure to viruses and bacteria. A common cold infects a child’s immune system five times during the first five years of their life.
Being careful and protecting is not enough to protect children from harmful germs. The right nutrition is the main concern to boost their immunity. The right amount of food can help enhance the nutrient source within a child, eventually leading to a healthy and strong body.
- Nutrient deficiencies in children can expose them to diseases and infections.
- Decreased food intake can lead to malnutrition.
- Nutrient deficiencies in children can strip away the immune nutrients that can fight diseases and infections.
What are Immunity Boosters?
Immunity Boosters are fruits, foods, vegetables or even artificial supplements that help a child’s immune system fight against these diseases. Immunity boosters help to strengthen the body from within. Immunity boosters can also act as a perfect growth food for kids. Immunity is utterly important in the growth years of a child. The body can only fight the potent sources of infection if they have a strong immune system.
Benefits of Immunity Boosters
- Protects children from numerous infections and diseases.
- Replenish many essential nutrients like minerals, vitamins, and other anti-oxidants in the body.
- It may help to speed up the healing process.
- It may help maintain body weight, digestion, blood pressure, healthy cholesterol, and growth.
What are the Natural Immunity Boosters?
- Berries, beans, nuts and flax seeds strengthen immunity in children.
- A few immunity-boosting herbs are black cumin, licorice and garlic.
- Fruits, dairy and vegetables possess natural immunity boosters such as Vitamin C, Vitamin E, beta carotene, and zinc. Broccoli, cauliflower, kiwi, orange juice, red, green or yellow pepper, kale, sweet potato, tomatoes, avocados, strawberries, peanuts, almond, eggs, dairy, spinach and milk, have natural immunity boosters.
Foods that may improve children’s immunity system
Acai berry, button mushrooms, watermelon, oysters, low-fat yogurt, wheat germ, tea, spinach, sweet potato, garlic, broccoli, chicken soup, miso, ginger, pomegranate juice, and elderberry are some foods that can boost a child’s immunity. There are a lot of foods, vegetables and fruits that can naturally enhance a child’s immune system. One of the best ways to improve immunity is to have a wholesome and healthy diet.
Some healthy practices to increase immunity in your child.
- Exercise: – exercising improves blood circulation, lower blood pressure, maintains cardiovascular health, protects against many diseases, keeps the body relaxed and healthy heart, and helps control body weight.
- Sleep and water: – children need a good amount of sleep and lots of water to stay hydrated and active. This practice boosts immunity naturally. As suggested by doctors, 8 hours of undisturbed sleep is a must. And, 4-5 litres of water intake are necessary.