The inner permits are no longer required to travel the internal line areas of Ladakh from August 2021 for all the Indian Nationals.
Moreover, those visiting Ladakh will still have to pay an environment fee or a green fee of INR 300, and a Red Cross Fund fee of INR 100 will still have to get paid. These fees can be paid through your travel and hotel agent or online.
The travelers from countries other than India still need to plan a Restricted Area Permit (RAP) or Protected Area Permit (PAP).
- Visit the TIC office opposite the J&K Bank, Main Market, Leh, to get the permits signed and stamped. The office timings are 9:00 A.M to 3:00 P.M.
- The scrapping of ILP does not allow the movement to specific villages, including the ‘zero km’ villages near the border remains accessible for the travelers.
- Indian travelers must carry valid ID proof while traveling to Leh Ladakh.
Some Other Things to Know:-
- Carry sufficient cash as there are no ATMs outside of the Leh, and there are times that these ATMs won’t be operational due to bad weather and power issues.
- Ladakh is a plastic-free union territory
- You cannot click locals without their permission.