Every day you spend at least 8-9 hours in the office and find yourself encircled by office supplies that you use daily. Have you ever realized how vital these desk utilities are? How negatively are they going to affect your workflow if you get exhausted?
It is practically unbelievable to survive in a tedious work environment with no desk utility. Hence, keeping a tab on your essential desk accessories is as necessary as taking a mandatory tea break in the evening.
Here’s a list of several essential office desk accessories you need immediately:-
1. STRESS BALLS: THE STRESS BUSTERS
Every office goer is very knowledgeable with a feeling that always goes along – Stress. Thankfully, we have stress balls to fight stress and decrease tension.
Uses of Stress Balls
- Enhances the functioning of the nervous system
- Helps a lot in anger controlance
- Helps you relax and relieve unneeded stress
- Helps you stay calm and concentrate better
2. STICKY NOTES: THE REAL HIGHLIGHTERS
Whether writing something motivating at the top of your desk or using them as a reminder, sticky notes can serve many purposes.
Uses of Sticky Notes
- As the sticky notes are available in different sizes and colors, they help in setting and determining the information
- Works as a reminder in a busy plan
- Helps in overcoming any overwhelming workload when used for writing happy & positive thoughts
- Helps in grasping new information quickly
3. CHARGER: TO POWER UP
All the electronic desk accessories should always be charged so you can use them whenever necessary. Therefore, a good quality charger falls under the must-have desk accessories.
Uses of Charger
- No important work calls are missed if the mobile phone charged
- Using your charger prevents any damage to your device
4. PEN HOLDER: THE BETTER ORGANIZER
A pen and pencil holder does just what it indicates. Although you can maintain pens and pencils on the table, you better be organized, right?
Uses of Pen & Pencil Holder
- Helps in keeping the surroundings clutter-free
- Helps in easy management of your lifestyle
- You can also maintain your business cards, scissors, and other accessories in the holder
- The possibility of misplacing things reduce drastically
5. CALENDARS: TO KEEP YOU ORGANIZED
Believe it or not, it doesn’t matter how many progressive applications you have on your phone; you still need a paper calendar at your desk. Here’s why:
Uses of Calendars
- Guarantees convenient scheduling of events
- Limits your electronic notifications; eventually, the phone usage
- A handy visual reminder
- You can note down extra details in the calendar and keep them for your eyes only
- Remains right in front of your eyes to remind you of things you tend to forget
6. HEALTHY SNACKS: TO POWER YOU UP
Think of that day when you didn’t get the time to have lunch and had to skip it because of work. Although we are against it, it can still happen in dire possibilities. Therefore, it would be best if you always kept some healthy snacks at your desk to preserve you until your next meal.
Snacks that you can keep are
- Popcorn without butter and a minimal salt
- Dark chocolate made from the seeds of the cocoa tree
- Fruits to keep you feeling energized throughout the day
- Roasted chickpeas as they contain exceptional levels of iron, B-6, and magnesium
7. NOTEBOOKS: THE COLLECTION OF IDEAS
Do you still love to write your artistic ideas in a notebook? Do you still love to take your notebook all along with you to business meetings? We know; it’s a yes!
Uses of Notebooks
- Any meeting, conference, or client meeting without a notebook and a pen is highly unprofessional
- Helps you jot down all the instant points being discussed in the meeting
- You can take it along with you quickly in your bag
8. PLANTS: GET THEM RIGHT NOW!
Now that you have assembled all the essentials, you require a glossy green plant to create an ideal office desk. A soothing and beautiful work desk is the most undersized that you deserve.
Uses of Plants
- Help to improve productivity as they enhance memory retention
- Diminishes sickness and absence rates
- Helps to relieve the distracting noise
- Stimulates creativity