Tourists from all over the world gather in India to experience and feel the mysterious culture of the holy land. Whether mountains or plains, wildlife tours or adventurous activities, village life or urban life, rivers or beaches, seafood or Indian cuisine, romantic vacations or spiritual holidays, India has everything to offer. Cultural tourism is the chief factor behind India’s increase in tourism rates.
Let’s take a look at the top best places to visit in India:-
- The best time to visit Rajasthan is from November to February.
- You can stay in Rajasthan for up to 6-7 days.
- You must visit Jodhpur, Bikaner, Jaisalmer, Mount Abu, and Jodhpur.
Covering 342239 sq km of India’s total geographical area, Rajasthan is a state that lies in Northern India. The ‘Land of Kings’ attracts architecture lovers, history buffs, foodies, and wildlife enthusiasts.
The city also welcomes you unconditionally to explore rich wildlife, magnificent palaces, vast deserts, beautiful lakes, forts and temples, among others. If you also love to explore the culture and traditions of Rajasthan, you should consider taking a road trip to this place’s small, beautiful villages.
- The best time to visit Goa is from November to February.
- You can stay in Goa for up to 4-5 days.
- You must visit Palolem Beach, Dudhsagar Falls, Basilica of Bom Jesus, Aguada Fort, Anjuna Beach, Baga Beach, and Calangute Beach.
We are sure that you must have made plans for Goa at least once in your lifetime and had to cancel them. Now is when you can pack your bags and take a tour of this welcoming place.
One of India’s most visited destinations, Goa is a treasure trove of dance, art forms and culture. This tiny state situated in West India is basically a coastal paradise famous for its fantastic nightlife, great seafood and, ofcourse, some beautiful beaches.
- The best time to visit Agra is from October to March.
- You can stay in Agra for up to 2-3 days.
- You must visit Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Mehtab Bagh, Chini ka Rauza, Jama Mazjid, Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal, Itimad-uh-Daulah’s Tomb, Akbar’s Tomb.
How about exploring the land on the River Yamuna’s banks in Uttar Pradesh? If it is a yes, then three UNESCO World Heritage Sites- Agra Fort, Taj Mahal, and Fatehpur Sikri, among other Mughal-era buildings are must-watch destinations.
The charm of the Taj Mahal never fails to amaze among other Mughal architectural masterpieces embellish the city space. The city offers fantastic food options, the speciality being a wide variety of Pethas such as Pan Petha, Kesar Petha, Orange Petha, Shahi Angoor Petha, and Orange Petha, among others.
- The best time to visit Delhi will be from October to January.
- You can stay in Delhi for up to 2-3 days.
- You must visit Red Fort, Qutub Minar, Gurudwara Bangla Sahib Ji, Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple and Humayun’s Toms, among others.
How can we forget about the National Capital of India while counting the top places in India?
Just say Delhi, and the first thing to come to your mind in India is India Gate, Delhi University Campus, the modern metro system, Crowded shopping malls, and the historical moments that define the national capital quite well.
If you plan to visit Delhi, you cannot miss exploring the streets of Chandni Chownk, Sarojini Market, Janpath, and Lajpat Nagar. In the meantime, you can experience delicious foods like Tikkas, Momos, Kebabs and Chole Bhature.
- The best time to visit Manali is from October to June and It is one of the Best Places to Visit in India.
- You can stay in Manali for up to 3-4 days.
- You must visit Mall Road, Hadimba Devi Temple, Museum of Himachal Culture & Folk Art, Club House, and Van Vihar, among others.
If you have seen the movie ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani’, you must know how unique your experience can be if you visit Manali.
Manali offers you the most spectacular and eye-pleasing views of the Dhauladhar ranges and the Pir Panjal. If you love snow, try visiting in January and February. You might also find snow in April if you think yourself a lucky person.
- The best time to visit Shillong is from September to May.
- You can stay in Shillong for up to 4-5 days.
- You must visit ward’s Lake, Umiam Lake, Elephant Falls, Shillong View Point, Lady Hydari, Spread Eagle Falls, and Sweet Falls, among others.
A must-visit place on your bucket list is Shillong if you love picturesque locations. From crystal clear lakes, breathtakingly beautiful golf courses, mountain peaks, big cafes, museums and mouth-watering food, Shillong has everything for you.
It is also known as the music capital of India, Shillong is home to many brilliant musicians, and you can enjoy many music events in this place.
- The best time to visit Rishikesh is from April to September.
- You can stay in Rishikesh for up to 2-3 days.
- You must visit Triveni Ghat, Lakshman Jhula, Shri Ram Jhula, Parmath Niketan Ashram, and The Divine Life Society, among others.
Located in the Himalayan foothills beside the pious Ganga River, Rishikesh is visited because of its ancient temples, adventurous activities, and popular cafes. It is also known as the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’; this tourist destination is one of the holiest places. This place is a core of many saints as it lies on the holy banks of the river Ganga. If you want peace of mind, consider Rishikesh as the ideal option.
- The best time to visit Amritsar is from November to March.
- You can stay in Amritsar for up to 3-4 days.
- You must visit The Golden Temple, Shri Harmandir Sahib, Wagah Border Ceremony, Mandir Mata Lal Devi, and Partition Museum, among others.
Let us now talk about a quiet place where every day starts with spiritual prayers from Gurudwaras.
The most visited place in Punjab, Amritsar, is known for its lip-smacking street food. You can also do ‘Langar Seva’ at the Golden Temple, have fun at the Suncity Amusement and Waterpark, buy colourful souvenirs, and enjoy birdwatching at the Harike Wetlands. And do not forget to explore Wagah Border Ceremony and Jallianwala Bagh because these two places are a must-watch of this place.