- A journalist, residing in New Delhi, was travelling in an auto-rickshaw at around 6 pm, when she was attacked by two robbers on a bike
- She was dragged out of the moving vehicle, and her phone was stolen
- The robbers managed to escape, but she received injuries on her face and hands and was bleeding
- A passerby took her to the hospital and she was diagnosed with a broken jaw
- An investigation was launched, but so far, no leads have been found
An Indian journalist, working for ANI, Joymala Bagchi, had gone shopping near CR Park and was returning home around 6 pm when she was attacked by two bikers. They pulled her out of the auto-rickshaw and snatched her phone. The miscreant managed to flee from the site of crime. On seeing the state of the girl, the witnesses took her to the closest hospital where she was diagnosed with a broken jaw and other injuries on her face and hands. She was given stitches on the chin and was bleeding a lot.
An investigation was launched but no evidence of the crime has come up since there were no CCTV cameras around the area. The felons managed to flee the crime scene and are as yet to be found.
When and where did this happen?
The robbery took place on Sunday, 22nd September 2019, near the Chittaranjan Park in New Delhi, at 6 pm when the sun was still out.
Miss Bagchi, who is a journalist, has been raising her voice against such issues of robbery. She spoke up about the lack of CCTV cameras on the street where the incident took place and how the robbers were so well acquainted with the areas where such weaknesses lie. She quoted,
“will we get justice? if the ones highlighting such incidents do not feel safe, imagine the plight of the ordinary citizens.”