- A 35 year old, Prateek Tomar, was beaten to death under police custody, in front of his 11 year old son, in UP on Sunday, 13th october 2019
- The man left his house, with his son to help out a friend, when he was taken under police custody for a murder case questioning
- He was kicked, punched, hit with planks of wood, given electric shocks and pierced with a screwdriver, according to the son
- The son was also slapped and a gun was shoved into his mouth, after which he was threatened to keep mum about the incident
- The police gave him a bag of chips later to appease the child, but he still told on them
- The three policemen were suspended after the act, but no other action has been taken
On Sunday, 13th October 2019, Prateek tomar, a 35 year old who worked as security guard, was beaten to death under police custody, in the presence of his 11 year old son. He left the house with his son, after a misleading phone call from his friend, who said that he needed help with a puncture motorbike tyre.
The incident took place at Pilkhua in Uttar Pradesh. The friend was held by the police who forced him to make a fake call to Prateek, asking for help. He was misled and called to the outpost, from where the policemen took him into their custody, to question him in relation to a murder case. He was beaten mercilessly, according to his son, who witnessed the scene. He was kicked, slapped, hit with slabs of woof and planks, given electric shocks and pierced with a screwdriver.
The 3 policemen were apparently under the influence, and continued beating him up till he was bruised all over. The 11 year old son was threatened as well, to keep shut about the incident. They slapped the child and placed a gun in his mouth, after which they bribed him with a bag of chips. The child however tattled. Prateek was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
The trio responsible for his death have been suspended, and arrested. Tomar’s wife, is however unsatisfied and demands more justice, since Prateek was the only earning member of their family. His relatives staged a protest at the Meerut Commissioner’s office on Monday, 14th October 2019.
What was the murder case for which Prateek was called in for questioning?
A woman, Preeti was murdered in August, but she wasn’t identified immediately back then. After identification, it was revealed that her husband got her murdered with the help of a relative. He hired 2 people and paid them Rs 1.5 lakhs and Prateek was the one who was going to pay them, allegedly.
However, his relative of Prateek’s states that he couldn’t have been able to pay such a huge amount, because he earned just a meagre 7k monthly.