- A 61-year-old patient of the Panchkula Hospital at Haryana claimed to have been forgotten inside the MRI machine and was trapped in the machine
- Since he was fastened around his waist, he was unable to get out of the place, which caused him discomfort
- Many more complaints have been filed against the doctors of the hospital by the same patient and his family
- Management denies the entire incident
- A complaint has been filed and the Health minister or Haryana are looking into it
A patient admitted in the Panchkula hospital of Haryana, Ram Mehar, 61 years old, claimed that the doctors forgot him inside an MRI machine. The incident took place on the 22nd of September. He says that he was feeling breathless and highly uncomfortable and tried yelling out for the technician. Since he had a waistband and was tied down to prevent any movement, he was trapped in there for an extended period of time. But, he still managed to get out.
Besides the unusual complaint, his family has also filed other complaints in reference to the staff of the same hospital.
What does the staff have to say about the allegation?
The scan’s management has refused to take any responsibilities and has denied any and all claims made by the patient and his family. They claim that the patient was put into the MRI scan, where he was asked to stay still.
The patient, however, failed to do so and kept moving even on repeated instructions. He kept moving and eventually tried to crawl out. The lab technician was present at the time and was supervising the scan. The management says that the technician came into the scan room, stopped the procedure, and was forced to help the patient come out of the machine.
They also refuted any other claims made by the family. The health minister of Haryana Anil Vyag and DG of health Dr. Suraj Bhan are looking into the matter. A complaint has been filed and CCTV camera images are being looked into the check the reality of the matter.