Corona Virus Spread China and Worldwide: WHO declared a dangerous virus as a Global Emergency.: Coronaviruses (CoV) are a large family of viruses that cause illnesses that range from the common cold to lethal diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS- CoV). The new burden that had not been identified in humans before, is the novel Coronavirus (nCoV).
Discovery of the nCoV:
In December 2019, a pneumonia epidemic was reported in Wuhan, China. On 31st December 2019, the outbreak was traced back to this new version of the Coronavirus that was named the novel Coronavirus by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
The spreading of the virus: Corona Virus Spread China and Worldwide
The seafood and the animal market is believed to be the source of this epidemic disease. Animal – borne diseases have always been considered more fatal, and the climate change could be a factor towards the change of behaviour of different animals, habitat and how people live. Viruses tend to spread via small cough and sneeze droplets. This spread can happen in two ways:-
- The infected people may sneeze and release mucus or saliva droplets. These may fall directly on a person’s body, or be inhaled, or the person may touch his or her face.
- The droplets may fall on surfaces, and these droplets will be spread if a person touches these surfaces and then their face.
The current number of people affected by Dangerous virus:
As of 29th January, 2020, 7711 cases were confirmed by the health authorities in China. Infections have also been spread to at least 15 countries. Currently, foreign citizens in Wuhan are being evacuated. People that will be evacuated in foreign countries will be quarantined for two weeks to test for symptoms, and necessary measures will be taken to prevent the disease from spreading to the rest of the country. India has reported its first case in Kerala.
WHO declared a Global Emergency>>Read
Corona Virus Spread China and Worldwide: WHO declared a dangerous virus as a Global Emergency.
Preventions that have been taken by the Chinese government:
China has put the city on lockdown until the virus has been curbed. Public transportation has also been restricted. People in the work sector have been asked to work from home until the city is deemed safe for them to return.
Preventions people can take to battle the virus:
Viruses are spread really easily and this can cause an outbreak, but, we can always take measures to prevent the spread and catching the disease ourselves. Corona Virus Spread China and Worldwide. In fact, it’s Dangerous and WHO declared Global Emergency. Simple steps do go a long way. Certain steps are:-
- Washing hands frequently: Hands touch the dirtiest of the places. Always ensure that you wash your hands after you come back home. Wash your hands with soap or liquid hand-washes. Be sure to wash your palms, nails and the backs of the hands well.
- Sneezing or coughing with hands covering the mouth: Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue while coughing or sneezing. Make sure to dispose off the tissue in a bin, instead of throwing it away here and there.
- Face masks help to prevent some of the viruses: The face masks do block the liquid droplets, but, cannot block the finer aerosol particles. The eyes are left uncovered, and some of the viruses can even work on a person’s eyes.
- Avoid animals: Be a bit aware before coming in unprotected contact with live animals. Do not eat uncooked or undercooked animal meat or products.