Janta Curfew-PM Narendra Modi’s Speech Addressing People to fight against Coronavirus
As the nation is facing the coronavirus outbreak, just like other nations, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation. He addressed the nation, asking citizens to stay calm and provide assurance that steps were being taken by the Government.
The Prime Minister requested the citizens to stay indoors when possible. He also addressed the nation on what the citizens could do to get through this outbreak.
The highlights of the speech on Janta Curfew-PM Narendra Modi’s Speech Addressing People to fight against Coronavirus
- It is a huge crisis world-wide. Generally, during a natural crisis, only some countries were affected. However, this outbreak has turned into a crisis for humanity all across the world.
- The whole world is currently battling this dilemma. Even during the World Wars, the number of affected countries were lesser than those affected during this.
- Science has not been able to combat Coronavirus. No vaccine has been discovered yet. Panicking during such a situation is normal.
- 130 crore Indians have fought this in the past two months. However, we must not feel confident that we are safe.
- Lowering your guards could prove fatal. All Indians are to stay alert.
- Certain countries have isolated their citizens and brought the situation under control. The citizens have contributed towards keeping the country safe. A close eye is being kept on the track record of the nations.
- The pandemic poses a big threat to a developing country such as India. Believing that the pandemic won’t affect the country is a wrong notion.
- Resolution and restraint are key towards combating this global epidemic. As citizens, the people need to strengthen their resolutions towards following advisories issued by the State and Central Government.
- Restrain is compulsory in fighting the disease. It is essential towards staying healthy.
- People should only go out when entirely necessary. Otherwise, everyone must isolate themselves.
- On the 22nd March, from 7 A.M to 9 P.M, all citizens are to follow ‘Janta Curfew’.
- During this time period, no one is to go out. People providing essential services can go out.
- March 22 will be a test of efforts to protect the nation from the virus. The Janta Curfew will also depict how the country is ready to handle it to the world.
- If possible, call 10 people to inform them about the Janta Curfew and the measures that could be taken.
- During such tough times, it is a request to everyone to not unnecessarily burden the hospitals. Everyone should avoid going to the hospitals for routine checkups.
- If a date for an elective surgery has been taken up, try postponing it.
- The virus is also impacting the economy. Under the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman, the government has taken up a decision to form a Covid-19 economic recovery task force.
- The task force is to take up steps to minimize the impact on the economy. It is also to listen to all stakeholders.
- Measures ensuring that supply of essential commodities such as milk, medicine and food won’t be impacted. Thus, the Prime Minister urges everyone not to hoard these commodities and avoid panic buying.
- All efforts must be dedicated towards saving ourselves from this contagion. Everybody must take up roles to safeguard themselves and others.
- Humanity must win. India must win.
Read latest news CLICK
Earlier in the meeting, the Prime Minister put emphasis on actively engaging with individuals, local communities and organisations to chalk out mechanisms towards fighting this pandemic. He also urged officials and technical experts to discuss the next steps that are to be taken up.
The number of cases have surpassed 200 in India.
Watch the speech here: Click