- Richa Chadda an Indian actress, recently gave an interview to promote her recent film, Section 375 in New Delhi, days after its release.
- She talks about the media being unfair towards the female artists and letting male actors get away with much more
- She quoted the examples of eminent actresses like Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone and some more.
- She spoke about the criticism she received early in her career about her looks and acting skills.
- She also spoke about experimenting in regards to her job and future prospects
Richa Chadda, an Indian actress has been promoting her latest movie, Section 375. In a recent interview, she spoke up about her feminist views. She claims that journalists seem to target the female population of actors much more than they target their male counterparts. She believes that female actresses are criticized more thoroughly than the male actors, based on their looks and skills.
She says that actresses like Priyanka Chopra, Swara Bhaskar, Sonam Kapoor, and others, have been criticized heavily for various reasons, and are proof to her statement. She quotes,
” Do we question the male stars enough as well?”
The Gangs of Wasseypur actress further spoke about the negativity the media channeled towards her in her early career days. She spoke about how multiple articles came out, insulting her looks and skills on movies. She claims to always be cordial to her critics because it is their job. She quotes,
“There is a difference between critiquing and being mean to someone, and i know that”
She also spoke about an incident where she was asked on her opinions about the flood-affected areas, something she felt was unnecessary and something that should be asked of our politicians and leaders, not her.
The actress also talks about where she derived he inspiration from and she says that she has been very inspired by multiple Hollywood actresses like Meryl Streep, Helen Mirren, Shabana Azmi, Deepti Naval, whom she gets her confidence from.
Section 375 is currently in Indian theatres.