- Bobby Deol, an Indian Bollywood actor, is set to perform in his upcoming film Housefull 4, releasing this month
- Housefull 4 was one of the biggest projects in the Bollywood industry impacted by the #MeToo Movement after the director Sajid Khan was accused in a sexual harassment case
- In view of this, in a recent interview, Bobby Deol spoke about the impact that the #MeToo movement has had on the industry
- He says that people are becoming more careful now, and trying to give each other happier work environments
- He also said that this stand is a really helpful one if used genuinely
- He states that despite the havoc, shooting for Housefull 4 was only delayed by a day, and was to be wrapped before Diwali
- He also expresses his happiness in being a part of this franchise and also complimented the chemistry between Ritesh Deshmukh and Akshay Kumar
Housefull 4 was one of the biggest projects in the Bollywood industry to suffer in view of the #MeToo movement, in which the usual director, Sajid Nadiadwala was implicated in a sexual harassment case. He quit the direction of the movie, and the movie was completed under the guidance of Farhas Samjhi.
In view of this, Indian Bollywood actor, and one of the co-stars in Housefull 4, Bobby Deol, recently opened up about the impacts the #MeToo movement has had in the industry. He says that people are now more careful and working towards providing a better work environment for each other. He says,
“i don’t know about anyone’s personal life. things come out and if they are proved and people, who are wrong should be dealt in the right way. and this works for both men and women because in the world we live in, there a lot of stories about women troubling men which do not come out and vice versa.”
He also states that despite the negatives, the #MeToo movement is also a good stand taken up by the public, and if used in an appropriate and genuine manner, can really help. He says that these clauses are put in an actor’s contract, so people are becoming more careful and the work environment has become safer and happier.
Regarding the impact of the #MeTo movement on the shooting of the film Housefull 4, he says,
“only one day shooting got delayed and the decision was made by foxstar studios and sajid nadiadwala. the film was planned like this, that it will be wrapped before diwali as it had special effects and for that the makers need time before hand.”
He says that the #MeToo movement has given many people a voice they didn’t have before, and that this is a power that should be used the right way.
Bobby also spoke about being the new entrant in the Housefull franchise,
“For me being a part of a big film like this, is like moving one step forward. i am excited that i got this offer. it is not easy to get a film like this. i was lucky that they wanted me to be a part of housefull 4.”
On the chemistry between Akshay Kumar and Riteish Deshmukh, his co-stars in the film, he says,
“akshay and riteish deshmukh’s chemistry is the selling point of the film and that is how it has been so far. these two characters are often over the top. my character is not like that, it is situational when it gets funny.”
Housefull 4 is set to release on October 25th, 2019.